Surgical Technologists generally work in a hospital setting, assisting surgeons, registered nurses, and anesthesiologists during surgical operations. In your Surgical Technology program at American Career College, you will participate in actual surgical procedures and direct patient care in the STSR role in a variety of areas, including preoperative, intra-operative, and postoperative patient care.
Upon successful completion of the school's program, you can expect to qualify for entry-level positions and be ready to interview for employment in:
- Outpatient Surgery Centers
- Operating Rooms
- Delivery Rooms
- Physicians' Offices
- Dentists' Office
- Outpatient Care Facilities
A few interesting statistics* about Surgical Technology careers:
- Employment of surgical technologists is expected to grow by 16.1 percent from 2014 to 2024.
- Surgical technologists typically need a postsecondary certificate or associate's degree. Certification also can help a surgical technologist find a position.
- Surgical technologists occasionally advance to other health care occupations, such as physician assistants or registered nurses.
*California Employment Development Department http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov/occguides/Detail.aspx?Soccode=292055&Geography=0601000000
A few places where graduates from various ACC programs have been hired:
Many area employers are very familiar with the quality of ACC's healthcare training programs and our school's track record for preparing confident, qualified professionals for rewarding careers. Our graduates have been hired by:
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
- One Legacy
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital And Medical Center
- Long Beach Memorial Hospital
- Hemet Valley Medical Center
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Irvine Endoscopy And Surgery Institute
- Riverside University Health Systems
- University Of California Los Angeles
- St. Vincent Medical Center
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
- Corona Summit Surgical Center
* Source: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/surgical-technologists.htm