Accreditation is the recognition that an institution maintains the standards required to achieve the credentials for professional practice. It is the status granted to an institution that meets or exceeds specific criteria of educational quality as defined by the accrediting agency.
The goal of accreditation is to ensure that the education provided by institutions of higher education meets acceptable levels of quality. College accreditation can be an important factor–both for students selecting a college, and for employers deciding which graduates to hire. American Career College (ACC) is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
Accreditation, Approvals and Memberships
The College voluntarily undergoes periodic accrediting evaluations by teams of qualified examiners including subject matter experts in occupational education and private postsecondary school administration.
- The Los Angeles, Anaheim, and Ontario campuses are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). ABHES 6116 Executive Blvd. Suite 730, North Bethesda, MD 20852; Phone (301) 291-7550 / Fax (703) 917-4109 / www.abhes.org
- American Career College is a private institution, licensed to operate* by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). BPPE physical address: 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, CA 95833; mailing address: P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818; Phone (916) 431-6959 / Toll free (888) 370-7589 / Fax (916) 263-1897 / www.bppe.ca.gov
- The Surgical Technology (Associate of Occupational Science) programs at the Los Angeles, Orange County and Ontario campuses are programmatically accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). ABHES 6116 Executive Blvd. Suite 730, North Bethesda, MD 20852; Phone (301) 291-7550 / Fax (703) 917-4109 / www.abhes.org
- The Medical Assistant programs at all campuses are programmatically accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). ABHES 7777 Leesburg Pike, Suite 314N, Falls Church, VA 22043; Phone (703) 917-9503 / Fax (703) 917-4109 / www.abhes.org
- The Respiratory Therapy (Associate of Occupational Science) programs in Orange County and Ontario are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC). CoARC 264 Precision Blvd., Telford, TN 37690; Phone (817) 283-2835 / Fax (817) 510-1063 / www.coarc.com
- The Vocational Nursing programs at the Los Angeles, Orange County, and Ontario campuses are approved by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT). BVNPT 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 205,Sacramento, CA 95833; Phone (916) 263-7800 / www.bvnpt.ca.gov
- The Dental Assisting programs in Los Angeles, Orange County, and Ontario are approved by the Dental Board of California. Dental Board of California 2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1550, Sacramento, CA 95815; Phone (916) 263-2300 / Fax (916) 263-2140 / www.dbc.ca.gov
- The Physical Therapist Assistant Program in Orange County and Ontario is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), (CAPTE 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; Phone: 703-706-3245; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.capteonline.org).
- The Occupational Therapy Assistant (Associate of Occupational Science) program in Orange County is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) (ACOTE 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449; Phone: 301-652-AOTA / www.acoteonline.org).
- The Radiography (Associate of Occupational Science) program at the Ontario and Los Angeles Los Angeles, Anaheim, and Ontario campuses are approved by the California Department of Public Health, Radiologic Health Branch (CDPH-RHB). Department of Public Health Radiologic Health Branch 1500 Capitol Avenue, 5th Floor, MS 7610, Sacramento, CA 95814-5006; Phone: 916-327-5106 / Fax: 916-440-7999 / www.cdph.ca.gov
- The Associate Degree in Nursing (Associate of Science) program at the Los Angeles and Ontario campuses are is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Board of Registered Nursing: 1747 North Market Boulevard, Suite 150, Sacramento, CA 95834 / Phone (916) 322-3350 / Fax (916) 574-7697 / www.rn.ca.gov
- The College is approved for training of Veterans and eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code.
- The College is a member of the California Association of Private Postsecondary Schools (CAPPS). www.cappsonline.org; and the Career Education Colleges and Universities (CECU) www.career.org
- American Career College is authorized to delivery distance education coursework in the state of California.
*License to operate means compliance with state standards as set forth in the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009