Once you have completed your American Career College training and earned your college diploma, you'll be ready to pursue exciting entry-level career opportunities in the field of medical billing and coding. On the job, you'll use a wide variety of skills from basic human anatomy to personal computing.
As a medical biller, your day-to-day responsibilities* may include:
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Review records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Release information to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Plan, develop, maintain and operate a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store and analyze information.
- Enter data, such as demographic characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer.
You'll be on your way!
As you begin your career in the field of medical billing and coding, the ongoing development of your skills can create increased opportunities for advancement. Even after you are employed, ACC's Career Services team will remain committed to providing you with the resources, support and personalized assistance you need to keep your career on track.
*California Employment Development Department