Additional Admission Requirements for Physical Therapist Assistant Program
All individuals interested in admission to the PTA program should be aware they will be required to have the following:
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 from a previous educational institution:
- If applicant has 16 credits (semester or quarter credits) of college coursework, college transcripts will be used
- If applicant has less than 16 credits (semester or quarter credits) of college coursework, high school transcripts will be used
- If applicant has no college credit but GED or High School Equivalency, applicant will be consider to have a 2.0 GPA.
- Take and pass a computer competency assessment with a writing sample during the interview process
- Additional points may be rewarded based on prior experience or observation in a healthcare setting and/or academic performance