Additional Admission Requirements for Associate Degree in Nursing
All individuals interested in admission to the ADN program should be aware they will be required to have the following:
- A physical examination which attests to the individual’s ability to meet the physical and mental requirements necessary to perform nursing or physical therapy assistant practice functions.
- A negative TB test (PPD) within 12 months and annually while in the program and/or chest x-ray when indicated.
- Immunity to mumps, rubella and varicella verified with proof of vaccine or titer.
- Immunity to tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis verified with proof of vaccine or titer.
- Hepatitis B - Proof of immunity or proof of series or signed declination.
- Criminal background checks and drug/alcohol screening are conducted in order to ensure that nursing students are competent, safe, and trustworthy to engage in clinical rotations and other critical aspects of the programs, the activities of which can pose particular risks to other students, health workers and the public.
- Flu vaccine – if vaccine is declined then a mask may be required to be worn while in the clinical facility.
- Active medical insurance.