General Attendance Requirements*
- Attendance is recorded for all programs and is tracked by minutes in the scheduled class, lab or clinical session. This includes absence from the entire session, late arrival (tardy), and early departure.
- Students absent for 20% of any module or course will receive a verbal warning.
- Student absent for 30% of any module or course will receive a written warning and verbal advisement.
- Students absent for 50% or more of any module or course will fail that module or course and will be required to repeat the module or course in its entirety.
- Students absent for 10 consecutive scheduled class days, whether within a module or course or between consecutive scheduled modules or courses, will be dropped from the program.
- Students must make up all absences that occur during externship or clinical experiences to ensure that all required hours are completed prior to graduation.
- Students are not permitted to make up absences in the didactic or laboratory portion of their program, with the exception of those enrolled in Vocational Nursing and Dental Assisting as required by State regulation for the VN and DA programs.
- Regardless of program, students are responsible for make-up work and assignments.
*NOTE: Program specific requirements (see below) supersede any general attendance requirements.
- Only alleged errors in the attendance record will be considered for appeal.
- Students must appeal any alleged errors in the attendance record within 5 business days of the last scheduled class date for the module or course in question. See Appeals Policy and Procedure for details of appeals.
- Students are required to provide documentation to substantiate any requested attendance change.
- No changes to the attendance record will be permitted after 14 calendar days of the last scheduled class date for the module or course in question.