Once you have completed your ACC training and earned your diploma, you'll be ready to pursue exciting career opportunities as an entry-level pharmacy technician. On the job, you'll play a vital role in helping licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medications in a retail pharmacy, hospital, clinic, and other similar environments.
As a pharmacy technician, your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Taking necessary information from customers and/or health professionals in order to fill their prescriptions
- Counting tablets and measuring amounts of other medication for prescriptions
- Compounding or mixing medications, such as ointments
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions
- Accepting payment for prescriptions and processing insurance claims.
- Doing routine pharmacy tasks, such as answering phone calls from customers.
You'll be on your way!
As you begin your career as a pharmacy technician, the ongoing development of your skills can create increased opportunities for advancement. Even after you are employed, ACC's Career Services team will remain committed to providing you with the resources, support, and personalized assistance you need to keep your health care career on the fast track.